BEAM experts can be deployed to assist missions in the following areas:
Improving the Impact of Economic Growth Programming
- Train USAID staff and partners on programming for optimum results in the areas of trade, investment,enterprise development and finance.
- Create and disseminate practical tools and handbooks on best practices.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks for business environment or trade.
- Foster dialogue among practitioners by hosting workshops, seminars, and other modes of knowledge sharing.
Rapid-Response Support to USAID Missions
- Perform broad needs assessments or targeted diagnostics.
- Obtain assistance with mission strategic planning to support economic growth.
- Offer tailored training or workshops on trade, investment, finance, and enterprise development topics for mission staff and/or host country partners.
- Technical expertise in trade,investment, and finance to fill needs outside the scope of existing mission programs.
- Strategy and design assistance, including providing model scopes of work, supporting mission and program strategy development, and designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Stakeholder mapping and public-private dialogue to build consensus on reform priorities.
- Identification and development of private sector partnerships that leverage USAID funding, bring practical expertise, link suppliers and buyers more closely, and foster sustainability.
- Monitoring and evaluation of existing trade, investment, enterprise/value chain and finance programs.
- Training and workshops tailored to mission-specific interests in a range of economic growth topics.
Training for USAID staff on trade, investment, enterprise/value chain development, and finance, while supporting development of online curriculum and credentialing in these areas. Specialized training sessions and workshops may be tailored for missions or regions on:
- Regional development challenges
- The impacts of specific trade agreements
- Sector-specific competitive challenges and opportunities
In addition to training for USAID staff, BEAM provides training to government ministries and agencies, as well as private sector associations and civil society implementing partners.
- About E3/EG
- Technical Areas
- Commercial Law and Enabling Environment
- Cross Cutting
- Enterprise Development
- Financial Sector
- Asset-Based Finance
- Banking and Financial Infrastructure
- Branchless Banking
- Business Enabling Environment
- Capital Markets
- Credit Bureaus
- Developing Corporate Bond Markets
- Health Sector Financing
- Mobile Money
- Non Banks
- Rapid Financial Soundness Assessment
- Rural and Agriculture Finance
- SME Finance
- Secured Financing
- Sub-Sovereign Finance
- Value Chain Finance
- Project Analysis and Diagnostic Tools
- Ongoing Programs
- Archived Programs
- Resource Library